Wednesday 11 September 2013

Wild KOALAS in South Australia

We've been living here for over a week and we've seen a lot of koalas poos:

We also thought we'd heard koalas too, but it may have been a lawn mower.. Anyways Tanbay went round the corner ahead and ran back saying 'omg quick quick quick' 
Here it is!!


For the whole week we'd been looking really closely into the trees but we shouldn't have bothered, as you can see they don't camouflage well ;) 


 
I climbed the tree a little to take a better picture and it started making a horrible noise at me: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPZcUJnRgs8 

(it won't let me upload my video, but this one on YouTube gives you the idea of the noise)

I thought I upset it so we ran off, but according to the internet it was making sexy noises at me not scared noises.. 


 We saw this parrot which was great but didn't compare :P


we saw some new amazing views






 Later we saw another koala! This one was better at hiding though
and then we saw a third one! It was a lot lower down the tree so I could take better photos without climbing. This one followed my movements around the tree but didn't yell at me



then we saw a fourth one! This one was very high up but the tree was thiner so we could see it very well.



it actually moved up away from us

we'd been trying to walk to the waterfall but someone got tired so we had to walk back


we actually saw a fifth koala but we were over it by that point ;) 


definitely one of our top ten days so far :D