Friday 31 January 2014

RIP Camera

Happy Birthday to John! 

Today should have been a  sorrowful day but it started and ended well. Firstly we went to the beach which was exciting because it's the beach, but also because it was Kobe's first time there! Don't worry we're not reckless house sitters who just introduce pets to new things, his owners Dave and Nath were there too! 

Look at us!



I love these photos:





One guy with a smelly dog looked over and said 'that must be the most photographed dog in the whole of Australia'. Jealous much? ;) 

Anyway the day turned tragic, Tanbay tried to get a photo of me swimming and managed to drop the camera in the ocean, (if you're not up to date he broke his arm.. not that that's an excuse ;) ) 

It was sad but he was on his last legs (lens) anyway. I've had him for six years and he's served me well on four continents. I hope he's happy up in camera heaven, getting his lens cleaned daily by hot camera ladies. 


Dinner was so good I forgot all about my faithful buddy: 



I won't be eating burgers when I'm back in England, the Ozzies do them so much better

They were accompanied by some amazing beers:
Not a hint that I am British and bitter.. just a Queensland take on a traditional English beer. Very good.